The Dubuque Symphony Orchestra is currently seeking an Executive Director. Resumes are being accepted through June 1, 2012.
Job Title: Executive Director (Print Full Job Description)
The Board of Directors through the Executive Committee
Director of Development, Director of Marekting, Administrative Assistant, Bookkeeper, Education Coordinator, Operations Manager
The Executive Director is responsible of managing the human and financial resources of the Dubuque Symphony Orchestra in order to achieve the orchestra’s mission. To that end, the Executive Director is responsible and accountable for all aspects of the organization, and implementing the poloicies set by the Board of Directors. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors through the Board President.
1. Oversees all aspects of the DSO to support its mission, goals and policies
2. Manages the organization in a fiscally responsible manner
3. Manages daily operations and staff, and oversees progress related to goals and objectives
4. Is an ambassador for the organization
5. Works with volunteer Board of Directors and committees
6. Keeps Board of Directors and staff informed of all relevant issues
7. Works with Board and staff to maintain existing relationships as well as cultivating new ones
Please Note: This is only an overview of the job responsibilites.
Click here to print a full job description.
Ideal Skills and Traits:
1. Active and engaged leader with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
3. Creative, resourceful and visionary
4. Excellent communication skills including public speaking
5. Problem solver
6. Diplomatic in negotations while remaining decisive, proactive and fair
7. Able to cultivate partnerships and alliances with existing and new partners
8. Demonstrated commitment to and passion for orchestral music
Resumes and a statement of interest are now being accepted and will continue to be accepted until June 1, 2012. Please send resumes and your statement electronically to Phil Jensen, DSO Board President, at phil@HSJlegal.com.