The Crossing Worship Music Leader
Summary: The position of Worship Music Leader is responsible for planning and performing music for the weekly Vespers worship service of The Crossing. This position offers an opportunity to a student musician who intends to or is actively developing their music experience and leadership skills in a Christian worship setting. The desired applicant is someone who intentionally engages with The Crossing student community through their work and has a special care towards sacred worship yet openness to creative worship experiences and liturgies.
Hours: This is a contract position, with required presence during worship on Sundays throughout the academic year from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. Two Sundays off per semester, to be agreed between the Music Leader and the Executive Director, are guaranteed.
Compensation: $80 Vesper service planned and led Starting Day: August-September The Worship Music Leader reports to the Executive Director at The Crossing.
* · Experienced pianist/guitarist; student professional musician preferred, but not required
* · Prior church musicianship experience preferred, but not required
* · Willingness to sing and play in case of emergency preferred, but not required
* · Clear and effective communication with students and Crossing staff members
* · Desire to grow in knowledge and experience of traditional and nontraditional worship music
* · Ability to be an effective leader and team member of both the Music and Worship Team
* · Willingness to learn and adapt to a flexible, laidback worship setting
Responsibilities/Expectations of The Crossing Worship Music Leader:
o · Provide music and leadership for our 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. Sunday night Vespers Service
o · Rehearse with musicians prior to service
o · Meet with the preacher to discuss theme(s) of the service to select appropriate music
o · Be in communication with the Worship Team
o · Engage with students on the Music Team and make intentional relationships with the
student community (i.e. attend our FREE Student meal after Vespers)
o · Create weekly PowerPoint for Vespers
o · 1 academic year commitment with The Crossing
Please send a letter of interest and resume electronically to email@example.com. If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Cody Goetz at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
The Crossing celebrates and affirms students of every identity as they explore their spirituality in a constantly changing world. The Crossing is an ecumenical campus ministry, supported by the American Baptist Churches, the United Church of Christ, and the United Methodist Church.