Music and Theatre Arts: Lecturer in Theory/Composition
- Teach theory core courses, applied composition, a beginning composition course, and orchestration.
- Master’s, Doctorate, or ABD in composition is required.
- Demonstrated ability to teach applied composition, composition courses, and theory courses at the collegiate level is required.
- Evidence of performances of compositions in a variety of settings and demonstrated achievement in directing faculty/student contemporary performance ensembles will be considered assets.
The Department of Music and Theatre Arts serves approximately 320 music majors and minors supported by 27 full-time and nine part-time faculty. The department and its musical programs are highly regarded in the state and region and enrich the Eau Claire community while providing outstanding academic opportunities. Academic programs include the BM degree in performance, theory and composition; the BME degree in instrumental, choral and general music education; the BA and BS degrees in music and music history. All degree programs are fully accredited by NASM. The department also serves 95 majors and minors supported by six full-time faculty and two staff in undergraduate programs in theatre arts and dance and offers BA degrees in theatre and theatre education, as well as a minor in dance. Applicants are encouraged to peruse the department’s website at www.uwec.edu/Mus-The .
- Letter of application
- Curriculum Vita (Resume)
- List of three references
- Official/Unofficial Undergraduate/Graduate Transcripts
- Statement of Teaching/Research Philosophy
- 2 to 3 scores (PDF format) and high-quality recordings (mp3 only) of recent performances of compositions.
To apply, go to: UW-Eau Claire Careers .
You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the “Click here to Register” link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your “User Name” and “Password’ and select “Login.”
Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
If you have application questions, call or email:
Nichole Akright, Academic Department Associate
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by June 15, 2012. However, screening will continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment